Ocala Car Accident Lawyer
Following a car accident in Ocala, FL, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering. The experienced Ocala car accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm P.A. will help you fight to hold at-fault parties responsible and maximize your financial award.
Why Choose Allen Law Firm P.A. If You’ve Been Hurt in an Ocala Crash
Nothing can turn your world upsidedown like an unexpected car accident. When someone else is responsible for a crash – even in part – they should have to take financial responsibility for the harm they’ve caused. However, hounding insurance companies and pursuing compensation from negligent parties is the last thing you need to focus your energy on right now.
You need time to focus on getting better. That’s where the experienced Ocala personal injury lawyers at Allen Law Firm P.A. can help.
Our Ocala lawyers have more than 70 years of combined experience fighting on behalf of injury victims just like you. Our law office employs 8 licensed insurance adjusters and one of our founding attorneys is a former adjuster herself. This means that in addition to having extensive experience navigating complex personal injury claims on behalf of accident victims, we also know the insurance industry inside-and-out. Our unique and unparalleled perspective gives us an edge and helps us secure full and fair financial awards for our clients.
When you enlist our Ocala car accident attorneys for help after a crash, we will:
- Give your case the personalized attention and time it deserves
- Provide you with quality legal representation and support throughout the process
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your auto accident in Ocala
- Have our team of adjusters analyze your case to stay one step ahead of insurance companies
- Gather evident that’s relevant to your case, including police and medical reports, video footage of the crash, witness statements, vehicle maintenance records, and more
- Work with leading experts in Ocala, including accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and forensic specialists
- Handle all negotiations with insurance companies and attempt to work out a deal with terms that are favorable to you
If insurance companies refuse to cooperate and extend a fair offer, our accomplished Florida trial attorneys won’t hesitate before bringing your case to a jury. We’ll be more than ready to hold at-fault parties and insurers accountable in court.
Your first consultation is free, so don’t hesitate to contact our Ocala, Florida law firm to schedule a time to discuss your car accident claim today.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Ocala, FL?
Traffic accidents are fairly commonplace Marion County, Florida. Statistics show that car accidents have become more problematic in Ocala and surrounding towns in recent years.
- 2012: 4,422 wrecks
- 2013: 5,038 wrecks
- 2014: 5,467 wrecks
- 2015: 5,903 wrecks
- 2016: 6,339 wrecks
- 2017: 6,691 wrecks
- 2018: 6,113 wrecks
- 2019: 6,353 wrecks
Marion County crashes increased by about 43 percent in less than a decade.
Are North Central Florida Auto Accidents Serious?
In the years spanning 2012 to 2019, a total of 33,877 people were injured in car accidents in Ocala and across Marion County. Another 571 were killed in motor vehicle collisions during that same period of time.
That means that, on average an average day in North Central Florida, between 11 and 12 people are injured in auto accidents. Someone dies in a car accident roughly once every five days.
Ocala Car Accident Statistics Through December 2020
Crash data published by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shows that, in Marion County in 2020, there were:
- 5,665 auto accidents
- 95 fatal crashes resulting in 106 deaths, and
- 2,846 collisions that caused 4,672 injuries.
During that same year, Ocala and Marion County also saw 60 bicycle accidents (2 fatal), 182 motorcycle wrecks (12 fatal), and 139 accidents involving pedestrians (20 fatal). Florida Highway Patrol investigated two-thirds of these motor vehicle accidents, while local police departments looked into the rest.
Leading Causes of Ocala Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents aren’t uncommon in central Florida. While these crashes can happen for a lot of different reasons, some of the most common contributing factors include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of a controlled substance
- Fatigued driving
- Dangerous lane changes
- Speeding through an intersection to beat a red or yellow light
- Illegal left-hand or right-hand turns
- Failure to yield the right of way to other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians
- Defective road design
- Dangerous road conditions
- Inclement weather
- Vehicle defects
Sometimes one or more of these factors can cause a car accident in Ocala. For that reason, it’s really important to make sure that a crash is subject to a thorough investigation. Uncovering why an accident happens is essential if you want to maximize your financial recovery.
We’ll Fight to Get Compensation For All of Your Ocala Car Accident Injuries
Injuries resulting from a wreck in Ocala can have devastating short-term and long-term consequences. You deserve compensation if someone else has put you in this difficult situation. With Allen Law Firm P.A. in your corner, you can rest assured that we’ll fight to get you every last cent you need and deserve.
We regularly represent crash victims who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Eye injury
- Neck and back injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Degloving injury
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death
We are here to help you in your time of need. To get started, all you have to do is give our law office in Ocala, FL a call. Our team is always available – 24/7/365.
Types of Car Accidents in Ocala, FL
Your personal injury claim is too important to entrust with just any attorney. You need to make sure that you hire a lawyer who not only has experience handling personal injury matters, but who has experience navigating the challenges that car accident cases – in particular – can pose. At Allen Law Firm P.A., our legal team has more than 100 years of collective experience representing car accident victims. We’ve represented clients in all types of car accident matters, including:
- Head-on crashes
- Side-impact accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Single vehicle accidents
- Multiple vehicle crashes
- Truck accidents
- Accidents involving motorcyclists, e-scooter riders, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents involving uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Intersection accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Highway accidents
- Fatal car accidents
We’ve seen it all. Don’t hesitate to ask us to put our extensive experience and reputation as fierce and successful attorneys to work for you. We’ll fight to make sure that you are fully compensated for your injuries, pain, and suffering.
What Damages Are Available to Ocala Car Accident Victims?
In Florida, there are two types of damages that are typically awarded in personal injury claims. These are economic and non-economic awards. In limited instances, punitive damages might also be available. Economic damages are paid to compensate for the verifiable and calculable financial costs of an accident. This can include:
- Present medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income and wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing care
- Funeral and burial expenses
Non-economic damages are paid to compensate for the consequences of an accident that are more subjective. This can include money for:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Disfigurement and scarring
Punitive damages are awarded on top of compensatory (economic and non-economic) awards. These are intended to punish the defendant for malicious or reckless acts, rather than compensate the victim. Florida law provides that punitive damages can only be awarded under very limited circumstances. However, rest assured that our team will carefully evaluate your case to identify which awards can be sought on your behalf.
I’m Being Blamed For a Car Accident in Ocala. Should I Worry?
Here’s the thing – you can recover compensation for injuries stemming from a car accident in Florida, as long as you’re not entirely to blame. Under the state’s comparative negligence rules, fault is shared by all who play a role. When you are allocated blame, two things happen.
First, your damages will be reduced in direct proportion to your degree of blame. If your proportionate responsibility is 30 percent, your damages will be reduced by 30 percent.
Second, you will be financially responsible for a share of other victims’ losses. Again, if you’re 30 percent to blame, you’ll be liable for up to 30 percent of damages suffered by others in the accident.
Insurance companies will go out of their way to use this rule to their advantage. The more fault that’s shifted to you, the less the company has to pay. If you don’t stand up and fight back, you can watch your financial award vanish in front of your eyes.
Allen Law Firm P.A. will help you fight. We know insurance companies all too well. We know the tactics adjusters will employ to side-step liability. Rest assured we’ll be one step ahead and work to maximize your recovery.
Recovering Compensation After a Crash in Ocala
Florida has no-fault insurance rules. Simply, you will have to file a claim with your own insurance provider to recover compensation after an accident, regardless of who’s at fault. This is why you were required to purchase personal injury protection (PIP) coverage when you bought your auto insurance policy.
Many people opt to purchase the lowest amount of car insurance coverage that’s required by state law. That means that your insurance policy might not cover the full cost of your accident and injuries. If that’s the case, and your injuries are severe, you can seek compensation from at-fault parties and/or their insurance providers.
You can file a claim and seek compensation from anyone who contributed to your accident. Our car accident lawyers in Ocala will conduct an exhaustive investigation into your crash to determine who those parties might be. This could include:
- Negligent drivers
- Passengers in other vehicles
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Mass transit companies
- Employers of negligent parties
- Government agencies
- Manufacturers of defective vehicle components or equipment
Rest assured that our law firm will work to hold all at-fault parties fully accountable for the harm they’ve caused you. Contact us to get started on your injury case today.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Ocala Car Accident Lawsuits?
Don’t delay in taking action to assert your legal rights and demand compensation after your car accident. Florida law imposes strict limits on how long you have to file a claim. Most car accident lawsuits are subject to a four-year limitation. This means that the right to file a lawsuit against responsible parties expires four years from the date of your accident.
You will have less time to act if a government agency or entity is involved. You could have more time if the driver can’t be located or a minor was injured in the crash. However, one thing is certain – you’ll forfeit the ability to recover money if you miss the deadline that applies to your case.
Four years can fly by in the blink of an eye. Don’t let the money you deserve slip through your fingers because of a procedural technicality. Call Allen Law Firm P.A. for immediate assistance after you get hurt in an accident in Florida.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Ocala?
Keep these things in mind if you or a loved one are involved in a car accident in Florida. These simple steps can help to keep you healthy and preserve your ability to recover the money you need.
- Stay at the Scene: It’s a crime to leave if anyone was injured or killed, or if property was extensively damaged.
- Move to Safety: Move to the side of the road or somewhere safe nearby. Your wreck might create a hazard and increase the risk of another crash. You don’t want to be in your car if that happens.
- Call the Police: You want the fact that your crash happened on the record. Call the police and ask to have an officer sent to the scene.
- Get Medical Help: Seek medical attention as soon as you can after your accident. Prompt care can be the difference between a short recovery and life-threatening complications. Additionally, the record that’s generated by your visit can be a critical piece of evidence if you file an injury claim.
- Don’t Apologize: You might want to say you’re sorry, but resist the urge. Things you say can be taken out of context or exaggerated and used against you down the line.
- Get a Copy of Your Accident Report: When the police arrive, they’ll conduct a short investigation and complete a short accident report. This report can contain details about your accident that are often overlooked, lost, or forgotten over time. Secure a copy so that you can give it to your lawyer.
- Refuse Early Offers: An insurance adjuster might try to convince you to accept a settlement offer not long after you get hurt. If this happens, there’s a good chance that they know something you don’t. Remember, insurers want to minimize how much money they pay out. So, they might offer a lowball settlement and hope that you’re eager to take it because money is tight. If you do that, you might have some financial stability now, but it could really do more harm than good in the long run.
Finally, don’t handle conversations or negotiations with an insurance adjuster on your own. Hire a lawyer and let us do the legal legwork. With an attorney on your side, you’ll level the playing field. With Allen Law Firm P.A. in your corner, you can tip the scale in your favor. We highly recommend getting in touch with us today.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Ocala Car Accident Lawyers
Were you recently involved in a car accident in Ocala, Florida? Are you struggling with severe injuries and finding that it’s hard to get back on your feet? You don’t have to navigate these difficult times on your own. Call Allen Law Firm P.A. and let our skilled Ocala car accident lawyers help.
With more than 100 years of experience combined and millions recovered on behalf of injury victims like you, you can know that your case is in good hands. We’re ready and willing to fight for maximum compensation, you just have to call us for help. We offer a free initial case evaluation, so reach out to our law firm in Ocala today.
Car Accident Testimonial
Ocala Car Accident Review
Read more reviews here.
Ocala Auto Repair Shops
- Automasters Service Center – 1851 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34471
- Modern Muffler Shops – 509 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34471
- Goodyear Auto Service – 863 N US Highway 27 Lady Lake, FL 32159
- Automasters Service Center – 1851 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34471
- Rising Sun Import Car Service – 5591 S Pine Ave Ocala, FL 34480
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest rated auto repair shops on Yelp.