Do I Need a Lawyer After an Ocala Hit and Run Accident?
Hit-and-run accidents are incredibly frustrating for motorists in Ocala, FL. It leaves victims with no one to pursue for compensation. However, there could be other sources of compensation for a hit and run accident. Furthermore, you could have a claim against the driver if they are located.
The Ocala hit-and-run accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., have extensive experience handling such claims. Our team of lawyers has more than 100 years of collective experience arguing personal injury cases. We have won hundreds of millions of dollars in jury awards and settlements for our clients.
How Our Ocala Car Accident Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Injured in a Hit and Run Accident
Our clients benefit from our decades of legal experience. At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we have extensive resources and skills for investigating and pursuing personal injury claims. When you hire us to handle your case, you level the playing field with large insurance companies with enormous resources to fight your claim.
We are tough negotiators and skilled trial lawyers. Our Ocala car accident attorneys have numerous awards and recognitions for their legal services. We have been listed on the list of Top 100 Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers.
Our top-rated Florida personal injury lawyers have an AV Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 rating with Avvo. We are a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Complete a comprehensive investigation of your personal injury claim
- Verify insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Handle all aspects of your case from the initial review to a jury trial, if necessary
- Work with leading experts to gather additional evidence supporting your claim
- Evaluate your damages to calculate how much your case is worth
- Relentlessly pursue settlements and jury verdicts for the full amount of your damages
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., our legal team includes form insurance adjusters, claims managers, and insurance defense lawyers. Our insider knowledge of the insurance industry gives our lawyers unique advantages.
Contact our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced hit-and-run accident lawyer in Ocala, Florida.
What Is a Hit and Run Accident in Florida?
A hit-and-run crash occurs when a driver leaves the scene of an accident without fulfilling their legal duty. Drivers are required by Florida law to stop at the accident scene and remain at the scene until they fulfill the requirements of §316.062. The code requires drivers to render aid and exchange information with the other driver.
Fleeing an accident can result in misdemeanor or felony charges. The penalties include fines, incarceration, and a revoked driver’s license.
Why Do Drivers Leave the Accident Scene in Ocala, FL?
About 25% of the traffic crashes in Florida involve a hit and run driver. Drivers may leave accident scenes for the following reasons:
- Drugged or intoxicated driving
- Not having a valid driver’s license
- There is an active warrant for their arrest
- They are not a legal resident
- Panic and fear
- There are illegal drugs, weapons, or other items in the car
- The vehicle is stolen or being driven without the owner’s permission
- They have a criminal history
- Lack of the required automobile insurance
Regardless of why a driver leaves the accident, it does not relieve their liability for a car accident. If you sustained serious injuries from the crash, the hit and run driver could be liable for your damages.
How Can an Ocala Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Even though the other driver fled the scene, you could still recover compensation for your claim. Several options might be available, including:
- Filing a PIP claim with your no-fault insurance provider
- Filing an uninsured motorist insurance claim with your insurance company
- Sue the hit-and-run driver, if they are identified
Damages from a hit-and-run crash can be significant. Victims could be entitled to compensation for their economic damages, such as lost wages, medical bills, and out-of-pocket expenses. They may also be entitled to compensation for their non-economic damages, pain, and suffering.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Ocala Hit and Run Accident Lawyers
Our legal team at Allen Law Firm, P.A. is here to help you when you need trusted legal advice and aggressive legal representation. Call now for a free case review from an Ocala hit-and-run accident attorney at (352) 351-3258. We work on a contingency fee basis and are available to speak with you 24/7.