Parking Lot Accidents in Ocala, FL
Most people think of car accidents as involving a crash on a busy road. However, as many as one in five accidents occur in a parking lot. Approximately 50,000 parking lot crashes occur each year, resulting in 60,000 injuries and 500 deaths.
These statistics indicate that you might need to know what to do if you are ever involved in a parking lot accident in Ocala, Florida.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., our Ocala car accident lawyers represent clients who were seriously injured in parking lots or parking garages. Contact us today to discuss your legal rights and options during a free case review at (352) 351-3258.
How Our Ocala Car Accident Lawyers Can Help If You Were Hurt in a Parking Lot Accident
Allen Law Firm, P.A. has been representing accident victims since 2007. For more than 15 years, we have diligently protected the rights of accident victims and have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our deserving clients.
When you hire our firm, we’ll leverage our 100 years of combined experience to fight insurance companies and negligent defendants.
Our Ocala personal injury lawyers can help you with your claim by:
- Conducting a timely and thorough investigation into how the accident occurred and who is responsible for it
- Gathering and preserving compelling evidence to establish fault
- Collecting evidence of the losses you have incurred because of the accident
- Filing all applicable insurance claims
- Working with your medical team to ensure you receive the best care and that we thoroughly understand the extent of your injuries
- Negotiating for maximum compensation
Our Ocala car accident attorneys want to fight for fair compensation on your behalf. Call us today to schedule your free consultation with our experienced legal team.
Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents in Ocala, FL
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), one of the most common causes of parking lot accidents is distracted driving.
Many people admitted to the following behaviors while driving through parking lots in an NSC public opinion poll:
- Making phone calls
- Programming GPS systems
- Using social media
- Sending or receiving emails
- Taking photos
- Watching videos
Besides distracted driving, some of the common causes of parking lot accidents in Ocala include:
- Not paying attention
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving in the wrong direction
- Not following Florida traffic laws
An experienced Ocala personal injury attorney can investigate your parking lot accident and determine the factors that contributed to it.
Common Types of Parking Lot Accidents
Different scenarios can result in parking lot or parking garage accidents, including:
- Two drivers back into each other – Two drivers may back up into each other when they are both trying to park or get out of a parking spot. This type of accident can occur when drivers are not paying attention or checking behind them.
- Two drivers collide when trying to get the same spot – Often, drivers in parking lots or garages are in a hurry to get a spot. They may not pay attention and collide with another vehicle trying to park in the same spot.
- Backing into a parked vehicle – Drivers may sometimes back into a vehicle that is already parked in the lot or garage, especially in small lots with packed spaces.
- A driver pulls out in front of another vehicle – A driver may pull out in front of a vehicle that is already moving and collide with them.
These parking lot accidents can result in significant injuries and damages.
Injuries and Damages Following Parking Lot Accidents in Ocala
Even though parking lot accidents tend to occur at lower speeds, accident victims can still suffer serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain and head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Wrongful death
These injuries can result in significant losses, including:
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Permanent disability and lost earning capacity
- Personal care
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you document the full extent of your losses.
What To Do After an Ocala Parking Lot Accident
Establishing who is at fault for a parking lot accident can sometimes be difficult.
You will need strong evidence to prove you are not to blame, so take these steps to protect your claim:
- Report the accident
- Ask the other driver for their contact, vehicle, and insurance information
- Take pictures of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, and your injuries
- Ask the parking lot owner if they have surveillance
- Seek medical attention for your injuries
Finally, reach out to an experienced Ocala parking lot accident lawyer for help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Ocala Car Accident Lawyers After a Parking Lot Collision
If you were injured in a parking lot accident, Allen Law Firm, P.A. can help. Our Ocala car accident lawyers can discuss your case for free during a confidential consultation.