Ocala Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Did you recently get hurt in a bicycle accident in Ocala, FL? You may have the right to recover money for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering. The experienced Ocala bicycle accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., can help you fight to secure a full and fair financial award.
Our attorneys specialize in personal injury cases, ensuring fair compensation for victims. We represent clients after all types of accidents and injuries, including Ocala pedestrian accidents, Ocala bus accidents, Ocala taxi accidents, train accidents, electric scooter accidents, Lyft accidents, and Uber accidents, among other motor vehicle accidents.
How Allen Law Firm, P.A. Can Help After a Bike Accident in Ocala
Bicycle accidents shouldn’t happen. Unfortunately, cyclists are injured in crashes all too often across the state of Florida. Many times, it’s because motorists are distracted or simply in too much of a rush to get to their destination. Fortunately, these negligent car drivers can be held legally and financially responsible if they hurt a bicyclist in the process.
Getting an experienced Ocala personal injury lawyer in your corner can help to increase the odds of a full financial recovery, while also giving you the opportunity to focus on getting better.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we know you’re going to be faced with a lot of resistance from the insurance companies involved in your claim. Adjusters will work around the clock to find a way to minimize or deny your claim. We know, because our firm has former certified insurance adjusters on staff. Collectively, they have 130+ years of experience inside the industry. They know the playbook, and that knowledge can be a huge asset to you as you fight for what’s yours.
When you turn to our Ocala personal injury law firm for help, expect:
- Compassionate and caring legal representation at every stage of the claims process
- A thorough, in-depth investigation into the details of your bicycle accident
- Careful analysis of evidence, including accident reports, medical records, expert consultations, photographs, and more
- A dynamic legal strategy designed to maximize your financial recovery
- Guidance when you’re asked to make the tough decisions – like whether you should accept a settlement deal or if it’s better to push forward and have our trial lawyers take your case to court
Contact our experienced personal injury attorneys in Ocala, Florida. We’re ready and willing to help you, all you have to do is call.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Ocala, Florida?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were a total of 76 bicycle accidents in Marion County in 2019. That’s more than double the number of bike accidents reported back in 2010, when Marion County only saw 37 crashes.
- I-75 and W Silver Springs Blvd
- I-75 and SW College Road
- I-75 and NW Blitchton Road
- I-75 and SR 200
- S Pine Ave and SW 17th St
- SR 200 and SW 35th Terrace
- West 27th Avenue and SR 40
- Pine Avenue and Silver Springs Blvd
In an effort to curb bike accidents, the city of Ocala and Marion County have embraced the idea of installing dedicated bike infrastructure – including paved multi-use trails.
Leading Causes of Ocala Bicycle Crashes
Bicycle accidents are all too common in and around Ocala. Why? While there are a lot of different things that can contribute to a wreck, one or more of these things are almost always a factor:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Fatigued drivers
- Failure to yield the right of way at an intersection or crossroads
- Failure to look for bicyclists or pedestrians before turning at an intersection
- Failure to maintain lane
- Unsafe lane changes
- Racing through an intersection to “beat” a red or yellow light
While motorists are often responsible for car accidents that involve bicyclists, it’s not always the case. Sometimes other factors, including the bicycle rider’s own conduct, leads to accidents. This can include defective equipment, riders failing to obey the rules of the road or wearing proper safety gear, and even rider distraction.
What If I’m Blamed For a Bicycle Accident in Ocala?
There’s a good chance you will be blamed. Under Florida state law, anyone who contributes to an accident – including victims – will share the responsibility for the resulting costs. Under the state’s modified comparative negligence system, your financial award will be reduced in direct proportion to your degree of blame for the accident. And you cannot recover compensation if your degree of blame reaches 51% or more.
Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of this law as best they can. So, they’ll point fingers and find any reason to suggest that you may be responsible – in whole or in part – for your bicycle accident.
If you do nothing, you might watch your financial award all but disappear. So, it is really important to fight back. Our Ocala personal injury attorneys will defend you, working hard to minimize your role in the accident. We’ll gather and present evidence to show that you share little-to-no responsibility for the crash.
The less fault that’s ultimately assigned to you, the higher your take-home award can be.
Bicycle Accidents Can Cause Severe, Debilitating Injuries
When a car accident involves a bicyclist, the consequences can be catastrophic.
While wearing a helmet will help to protect the rider from traumatic brain injuries and death, there’s still a good chance that they will sustain other painful and debilitating trauma.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we fight tirelessly on behalf of these bicyclists and their families. Call our law offices if, after a bicycle accident due to someone else’s negligence in Ocala, you’ve suffered:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Eye injury
- Neck, back, and shoulder injury
- Wrongful death
If your injuries prevent you from coming into our law offices for a free consultation, don’t worry. Give us a call, and we can arrange to have a member of our legal team come to you.
What is My Ocala Bicycle Accident Claim Worth?
The value of your case will be influenced by the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life.
The more catastrophic the injury, the more your case will likely be worth.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we will advocate to secure all compensation that is available to you under the law. This typically includes money for economic and non-economic damages for:
- Present medical expenses
- Future medical bills and costs
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Disability – temporary and permanent
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of income and wages during recovery
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of limb, disfigurement, and scarring
We will enlist the aid of reputable accident and injury experts as we navigate the valuation process. With their input, we can be confident that we’ll walk into negotiations with the strongest argument to secure a full award on your behalf.
There’s a Clock Ticking on Your Bicycle Accident Lawsuit
We know that it can take a while to get back on your feet after a bike accident in Ocala. However, a clock begins to run the moment your bike is involved in a car or truck accident. It’s called the statute of limitations, and you must file a civil lawsuit before it expires if you want to recover compensation.
In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits was recently changed. If your accident happened on or prior to March 23rd, 2023, the deadline is four years. If your accident took place after that date, the deadline is two years instead. However, there are exceptions that may apply in some cases.
Allen Law Firm, P.A., is ready to help you assert your rights today. Give our law office a call to discuss your legal options.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Ocala Bicycle Accident Lawyers
When you’re involved in a bicycle accident in South Florida, you can sustain injuries that change your life forever. When someone else is at least partly responsible for causing you to get hurt, they shouldn’t be allowed to walk away without consequence. By filing an injury claim, you can fight to hold them financially accountable for your medical bills, lost wages, and distress. The experienced Ocala bicycle accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., can help.
Collectively our attorneys have 70+ years of experience. And, our law firm has no fewer than seven former certified insurance adjusters on staff. We know how insurance companies operate, and that allows us to stay one step ahead at all times. Give us a call today to find out how that can benefit you.
We offer a free consultation, so there’s no risk in sitting down with our compassionate team to discuss your options.
Our personal injury law firm in Ocala, FL also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Ocala, FL
Recent Ocala Bicycle Accident Blog Posts
- Helpful Tips on What to Do After a Bike Accident
- Cycling Safety Tips For Spring
- Suffering a Ruptured Spleen in a Bike Accident Is Serious
Highly Rated Bicycle Shops
- Brick City Bicycles – 29 NE 1st Ave Unit D, Ocala, FL 34470
- Top Gear Bicycles, Inc. – 923 N Magnolia Ave #1500, Ocala, FL 34475
- Ocala Bicycle Center – 2801 SW 20th St Suite 203, Ocala, FL 34474
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Additional Ocala Bicycle Accident Resources
- Ocala Bicycle Safety
- Florida Biking
- Florida Department of Transportation Bicycle Safety
- Florida Bicycle Association
What Our Ocala Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our Google Reviews.
Ocala Bicycle Accident Infographic
Visit Our Ocala, FL Personal Injury Law Office
Allen Law Firm, P.A. – Ocala Office
112 S Pine Ave
Ocala, FL 34471