Ocala Train Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one injured in a train accident in Ocala, FL? You may be entitled to financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced Ocala train accident lawyer at Allen Law Firm, P.A. can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Since 2007, our lawyers have been working hard to recover fair compensation for accident victims like you. Our aggressive approach has helped us win hundreds of millions of dollars in meaningful settlements and verdicts for our injured clients after all types of accidents, such as Ocala motorcycle accidents, Ocala recreational vehicle crashes, Ocala Lyft accidents, Uber accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, and more.
How Allen Law Firm, P.A. Can Help After a Train Accident in Ocala
Accidents involving a commercial train company or public transportation system can be notoriously complicated. Often, multiple parties share liability. Complex legal theories may come into play in determining who is ultimately responsible for paying your damages.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we have over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury and insurance law. Over the years, we’ve been recognized with a perfect-10 Avvo Rating and an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Hiring our Ocala personal injury lawyers means you’ll have advocates to:
- Visit the crash scene and launch a thorough investigation into the accident
- Gather and analyze all relevant evidence
- Locate all parties who share financial responsibility for your injuries
- Hire leading experts and specialists
- Determine the value of your damages
- Defend you if you’re blamed for causing the accident or failing to mitigate damages
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance companies, defense lawyers, and responsible parties
Whether you were injured as a train employee or passenger, standing on the train platform, or even driving your vehicle across train tracks, our Ocala personal injury attorneys are here to help. Just call to learn more about an attorney-client relationship today.
How Common Are Train Accidents in Ocala?
Severe train wrecks are relatively rare. However, generally speaking, train accidents do happen in the Ocala area. In recent years, train accidents in Ocala and Marion County have involved pedestrians, motorists, and even semi-trucks.
In fact, Florida ranks in the top ten states in the U.S. for highway-rail grade crossing collisions. In 2021, 95 accidents were reported across the state of Florida. Unfortunately, 22 people were killed, and 46 people were injured in those train crashes.
Our lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A. handle all types of train accident claims here in Ocala, including those involving:
- Sunrail trains
- Amtrak trains
- CSX trains
- Florida Northern Railroad regional trains
If you were injured in a train accident, don’t hesitate to reach out for a free case review today.
What is My Ocala Train Accident Case Worth?
Calculating the value of an injury can be extremely difficult. However, you should know how much your personal injury case is worth before you file a claim for compensation with the insurance companies and at-fault parties.
Insurance companies handle complex injury claims on a daily basis. It’s important to remember that they don’t always have your best interests in mind. In fact, they’ll do whatever they can to downplay the extent of your injuries.
Our lawyers can help you calculate your case’s value so that you don’t risk accepting a lowball settlement offer.
Factors that are relevant to our analysis include:
- The nature of your injuries
- The type of medical care required
- The cost of your medical treatment and estimated future costs
- Your ability to work during and after recovery
- Whether the injury will impact your lifestyle and ability to complete basic activities
- How the injury will impact your emotional wellbeing
- The circumstances of the accident and identity of the at-fault party
- Whether you’re entitled to Federal Employers’ Liability Act benefits
Train accident cases can be complex. Commercial insurance policies are often involved–and handling your insurance claim can be more difficult than you might initially think. Our Ocala train accident attorneys at Allen Law Firm, P.A. are here to help in any way we can. Just give us a quick call to learn more about legal representation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Train Accident Victims?
If you were injured in a train accident in Ocala, you may have a valid claim for economic damages and non-economic damages.
Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Reduced future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers will help you identify and document the damages you’ve sustained.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Train Accident in Florida?
Many different factors can play a role in a train accident. In some cases, the victim’s own actions may have contributed to the cause of the accident. If that’s the case, you won’t necessarily lose your right to compensation entirely.
Florida has a modified comparative fault system with a 51% recovery bar. Financial liability is allocated between all responsible parties after an accident. If multiple parties share responsibility for an accident, liability for damages is divided between those parties based on each party’s percentage of fault.
So, if the court finds that you were 20% responsible for the accident, you can recover the remaining 80% of your compensation from the at-fault parties. However, if you were 51% or more to blame instead, you cannot recover any compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Train Accident Injuries
Like any auto accident, train accident injuries can range in severity from relatively minor bumps and bruises to devastating and life-altering injuries. The types of injuries you may have suffered depend heavily on the type of crash involved.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we’re here to help you recover fair compensation for all of the injuries you’ve suffered–regardless of how big or small.
We often represent clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Organ damage
- Amputation injuries and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
Of course, a serious train accident also has the potential to be fatal. If you lost a family member in a fatal train wreck, our lawyers can help you seek fair compensation for the wrongful death of your loved one.
What Causes Most Train Accidents in Ocala, Florida?
Running a train system is a complex undertaking. While most trains reach their destination without incident, train accidents can and do happen.
When they do, they’re often caused by:
- Distracted operators
- Mechanical failures
- Poorly maintained train tracks
- Failure to inspect and maintain the train
- Signal failures or lack of proper signals
- Outdated infrastructure
- Operating a train under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to properly screen and train employees and train operators
- Negligent hiring practices
- Unqualified train operators and employees
- Missing or outdated safety equipment and features
- Communication failures
- Violation of federal railroad safety regulations
Not every train wreck involves a dramatic derailment or crash with a vehicle. There are many different ways to get injured aboard a train. Many train accident victims are injured in slips and falls or accidents involving falling objects or train cargo.
Regardless of how you were hurt, you can depend on our lawyers to get to the bottom of it. Call Allen Law Firm, P.A. to schedule your free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Train Accident in Florida?
Many train accidents happen because of operator error or negligent maintenance. To recover fair compensation, you’ll first have to identify the cause of the accident. With that information, we can locate the at-fault parties and work to prove that the accident happened because of negligence.
To establish negligence, you must prove the following four elements:
- The legal duty of care that applied in your case
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach directly caused the accident
- You sustained damages
Our lawyers will visit the accident scene, speak with witnesses, and locate any evidence that can be used to prove your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Train Accident in Florida?
Florida recently changed its statute of limitations for most personal injury cases. If your train accident happened on 3/23/2023 or before, you’ll have four years to submit your claim. If your accident took place after that date, the deadline is two years instead.
However, if your train accident case involves a government transit authority, you may have much less time to take legal action. Other exceptions could apply in some cases as well.
Our lawyers can help you identify the responsible party and determine the relevant deadline in your case. Give us a quick call today.
Contact an Ocala Train Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Our lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A. would be happy to stand up and protect your legal rights. If you were injured in a train accident, call our legal team to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Ocala train accident lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in Ocala, FL also provides:
- Assault Injuries Attorneys in Ocala
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Burn Injury Lawyer in Ocala, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Child Injuries Attorney in Ocala, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Ocala, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Uber Accidents Lawyers in Ocala, FL
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Ocala
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Ocala, FL