What Should I Do If My Child Was Injured at Jervey Gantt Park in Ocala, FL?
Bill Allen | December 22, 2023 | Premises Liability
Jervey Gantt Park is a beloved community park. From the playgrounds to an aquatic center, children love visiting the park. But if your child suffers an injury, it is important to know the steps to take to protect their well-being and legal rights.
Our Ocala personal injury lawyers have helped children and their families recover compensation for injuries sustained at parks like Jervey Gantt.
Steps to Take After an Accident at Jervey Gantt Park
You may feel lost and uncertain after your child has been injured at Jervey Gantt Park. This is understandable.
Keep these tips in mind after an accident:
- Seek Medical Attention: Immediate medical care is essential, regardless of how injured your child may initially appear. Sometimes, the full extent of an injury is not immediately apparent, especially in children. Documenting the injury through a healthcare professional can also be critical for a future legal case. Maintain detailed records of any diagnoses, treatments, or recommendations for follow-up care.
- Report the Incident: Report the injury to park management. You should also call 911 if the injury is severe. Reporting the incident ensures it is officially recorded. Ask for a written report and keep a copy for your records. This document will be important evidence in any legal proceedings.
- Gather Evidence: Collect as much evidence as possible. Take photographs of where the accident occurred, any hazardous conditions or equipment involved, and your child’s injuries. If there were any witnesses, ask for their names and contact information. They can provide valuable statements.
- Keep Records: Maintain a file of all related documents. This includes any correspondence with park employees and expenses related to the injury. Be sure to record your child’s recovery process and note any pain or suffering.
An Ocala personal injury attorney can help you navigate the aftermath of an injury. Schedule a free consultation today if your child has been injured at Jervey Gantt Park.
Who Could Be Liable for Injuries at Jervey Gantt Park?
After an injury at Jervey Gantt Park, establishing liability is a critical and often complex next step. An Ocala personal injury lawyer can help you regardless of how liability may arise.
- Negligent Maintenance: If your child’s injury resulted from poorly maintained facilities or equipment, those responsible for maintaining the park could be liable.
- Faulty Equipment: If playground or waterpark equipment was defective or improperly installed, the manufacturer or installer may bear responsibility for your child’s injury.
- Inadequate Signage: The park may also be liable if your child’s injury occurred due to insufficient warning signs.
What Compensation May Be Available After an Accident at Jervey Gantt Park?
Compensation in personal injury cases can cover various losses related to your injury.
Be sure to maintain records of the following after an accident:
- Medical Expenses: You can receive compensation for your child’s immediate and future medical costs related to the injury.
- Rehabilitation Costs: You can receive compensation for your child’s physical therapy or rehab after an injury.
- Pain and Suffering: You can receive compensation for your child’s physical and mental injuries stemming from the accident.
- Emotional Distress: You can receive compensation for the psychological impacts of your child’s injury, including emotional distress.
An Ocala child injury attorney can help you determine the compensation available for your child’s injuries.
Consult an Ocala Personal Injury Attorney If Your Child Was Injured At Jervey Gantt Park
Watching a child get injured at Jervey Gantt Park is a difficult experience for any parent. While you focus on your child’s health and recovery, we can help you evaluate the legal aspects of the incident and the path to compensation for your child. Taking the right steps immediately after the injury can help ensure your child’s needs are met now and in the future.
Contact Our Ocala Personal Injury Law Firm in North Central Florida
We have three convenient locations in North Central Florida: