What Is the Safest Type of Motorcycle?
Bill Allen | August 15, 2022 | Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycles are fun and exciting to ride, but they can be particularly dangerous. In recent years, motorcycle accident fatalities have increased, making it more important than ever for riders to do everything possible to remain safe on the road.
Motorcycle riders should always ensure they’re riding the right motorcycle for them. The safest type of motorcycle is the one that suits the rider’s skill level, experience, and size.
Why Are Motorcycles So Dangerous?
Motorcycles are inherently dangerous for many reasons. It’s easy to look at a motorcycle and understand why it could pose risks for riders.
Some of the major reasons motorcycles are so dangerous include the following:
- Motorcycles are relatively unstable
- Motorcycles can be difficult for other drivers to see
- Motorcycles don’t offer the protection of seatbelts, airbags, and a protective frame
- Motorcycles are challenging to ride and maneuver and require great skill
- Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable on the road during poor weather conditions
For these and many other reasons, riders must take steps to protect themselves from potential injury.
Different Types of Motorcycles
Not all motorcycles are the same. The most popular types of motorcycles include:
- Standard Motorcycles: Standard motorcycles work for either commuting or touring and are often a good choice for beginners and all skill levels
- Scooters: Scooters are used for city travel, as they are not allowed on highways
- Cruisers: Cruisers are good for “cruising” the city and are well suited for all skill levels
- Sport Bikes: Sportbikes go faster than other bikes and work better for more experienced riders
- Touring Motorcycles: Touring bikes are made for longer treks and work better for those with more experience due to their size and weight
- Sport Touring Motorcycles: Sport touring bikes combine the qualities of sport and touring bikes and allow experienced riders to comfortably go on longer trips
The right motorcycle for you is one that you can ride comfortably, suits your size and body weight, and includes necessary features for the types of rides you’ll go on.
The Safest Type of Motorcycle Is the One Best Suited for You
Not all motorcycles work for every rider, so getting the right one can help ensure you can maneuver the bike while riding safely.
Consider Your Skill and Experience Level
The right bike depends on your riding skill and how much experience you have with different types of motorcycles.
Consider Your Height and Strength
You’ll need a bike you can sit on and still reach the ground with your feet and handles with your hands. Strength is equally important, as you’ll need a certain level of strength to remain balanced on the motorcycle.
Consider Where You Intend to Ride Your Motorcycle
Will you ride on the city streets, the highway, or off-road? Will you use your bike to commute short distances, or do you plan on riding far? The answers to these questions can help you decide on a bike that suits your needs.
Consider Some Well-Known Safe Motorcycle Options
If you’re just beginning your search for a safe motorcycle, you may consider the following:
- BMW R1200RT
- KTM 1190 Adventure Model
- Kawasaki Versys 300-X
- Honda CB 650 F
- Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS
Make sure you do your research and consider the most important details before committing to one selection.
In Case of a Motorcycle Accident, Consult with a Skilled Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Florida
Even when riders choose the safest possible motorcycle, a negligent driver can still cause an accident. In case of a motorcycle accident, do not hesitate to discuss your case with a knowledgeable accident lawyer.
Contact Our Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Law Firm in North Central Florida
If you need legal assistance, contact the Gainesville motorcycle accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm at your nearest location to schedule a free consultation today.
We have three convenient locations in North Central Florida: