Newberry Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently injured in a car accident in Newberry, FL, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages, medical bills,suffering, and other losses. Our Newberry car accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., can help you fight for the maximum financial award you deserve.
Call our law office today to find out how we can help. We offer a free consultation, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out to discuss your case. Our understanding legal team is ready to take on your case and help you get the resources you need to recover from your injuries and get your life back to normal.
How Allen Law Firm, P.A., Can Help After a Crash in Newberry
As a personal injury law firm, we know the devastation accidents can cause and the impact they have on our clients’ lives. A car accident can turn your world upside down.
In addition to your physical injuries, the impact on your emotional health, your family, and your finances can be devastating. While you may be feeling overwhelmed, the good news is that you do not have to go through this alone.
The Newberry personal injury lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., are award-winning lawyers who are disciplined, aggressive, and relentless in fighting for our clients. We have successfully handled motor vehicle accident cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and wrongful death. We know the difficulties you’re facing and we know how to get you the help you need to get your life back on track.
When you hire Allen Law Firm, P.A., we work hard to earn your trust as we begin creating an attorney-client relationship.
Here are just a few things you can expect us to do immediately as part of our commitment to exceptional client service:
- Investigate the accident to understand exactly what happened.
- Review all available evidence, including an examination of the accident site, security camera footage, police reports, and any eyewitness statements.
- Consult with experts such as automotive specialists and medical professionals regarding the accident and your injuries.
- Offer sound legal advice in all dealings related to the auto accident.
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get you the best possible deal.
- If the insurance company denies the claim or makes an offer that is not enough to cover your needs, we are not afraid to take your case to court.
- Represent you in the courtroom, including impaneling a jury and arguing your case in front of a judge.
Our car accident lawyers have 70+ years of experience in personal injury law that we will put to work for you. And, our firm has former adjusters on staff who, collectively, have 150+ years of experience working inside the insurance industry. This means that we really know how to tackle your case from all angles and set you up for a win.
Give us a call at our Newberry law office to speak with a member of our accomplished and understanding legal team. Your first confidential consultation is free.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Newberry, Florida?
Florida is infamous for the number of car accidents that take place on its highways and roadways. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 330,753 motor vehicle accidents in 2020, despite a pandemic having shut down the state for most of the year.
Allen Law Firm, P.A., serves Newberry, Florida, as well as other cities located in the Alachua County area.
In 2020, due to the pandemic keeping many people home, the number of accidents in Newberry and Alachua County was somewhat lower than in previous years.
- Total Alachua County crashes: 4,545
- Fatalities from crashes: 47
- Injuries from crashes: 3,259
Number of crashes in Alachua County in previous years:
- 2019 – 5,878
- 2018 – 5,846
- 2017 – 6,075
- 2016 – 5,980
- 2015 – 5,027
- 2014 – 4,193
- 2013 – 4,651
- 2012 – 4,606
- 2011 – 3,799
- 2010 – 4,262
These accidents resulted in nearly 500 fatalities over the last ten years.
Where Do Most Car Accidents Happen in Newberry and Alachua County?
While accidents are often unavoidable, it can be helpful to know where you should take extra precautions and remain extra vigilant. Depending on the volume of traffic, road conditions, and other factors, some highways and roadways are especially dangerous.
Areas in and around the Newberry area that are considered most deadly include:
- I-75 crossing through Alachua County
- The intersection of Northwest 34th Street and Northwest 39th Avenue is ranked the worst intersection in the county
Other intersections listed in the top 10, starting with the second most dangerous:
- Southwest Archer Rd and the north Interstate 75 on and off ramps
- Southwest Archer Rd and Southwest 37th Blvd
- West University Ave and Northwest 22nd St
- Southwest 20th Ave and Southwest 62nd Blvd/Southwest 52nd St
- Southwest 16th Ave and Southwest 13th St
- Southwest 34th St and Southwest 20th Ave
- Southwest 13th St and Southwest Williston Rd
- Southwest Archer Rd and the South I-75 on and off ramps
- Southwest 40th Blvd and Southwest Archer Rd
- Newberry Rd and Northwest 75th St.
According to the number of crashes, rate of crashes, and seriousness of injuries, the bottom three noted above tied for 9th place.
What is My North Central Florida Car Accident Case Worth?
No two cases are alike, so it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much your case is worth without having conducted a close review of all the evidence.
However, there are a few general factors that tend to come into play in determining the value of car accident claims:
- Injury: The severity of your injury is likely to have the greatest impact on the value of your case due to the potential medical bills involved.
- Drunk driving: Was the other driver intoxicated? If so, punitive damages might be available.
- Malfunctions: Did an airbag fail to deploy or a seat belt malfunction?
- Vehicular damage: The amount of vehicle damage may convey the level of accident severity.
- Seat belts: Not wearing a seat belt may reduce the value of your claim.
- Job: Being forced to miss time from work will factor into the valuation.
Determining the value of your case is obviously very complex and involves a number of issues that must be taken into account in the calculation. Our car accident attorneys at Allen Law Firm, P.A., will review all these factors in determining the overall worth of your case. You can rest assured we will leave no money on the table in considering all possible options for compensation.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims?
Compensatory awards in personal injury cases can be categorized into two buckets: economic and non-economic.
Economic awards compensate for financial losses associated with your accident such as:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages
- Household services
- Damage to property
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic awards are monetary awards for personal injuries that are more difficult to quantify in monetary terms.
These may include losses related to:
- Limb loss
- Loss of any of the senses
- Loss of mobility
- Mental anguish
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium or companionship
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we understand the enormous physical, emotional, and financial strain of car crashes. Call our Newberry personal injury lawyers now for a free consultation with our understanding team of personal injury attorneys.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed For a Car Accident in Florida?
The State of Florida follows a “modified comparative fault” rule with a 51% bar to recovery. This means that the amount you can recover in compensation is allocated based on your level of responsibility. In other words, if you were 25% responsible for the accident, your award will be reduced by 25%. You’ll only be able to walk away with a quarter of what your accident-related damages are worth. And if you were 51% or more responsible, you won’t be able to collect any damages.
Your insurance company may try to lay most of the blame at your feet. Due to the modified comparative fault rule, the more you are to blame, the less they have to pay out. And they may even escape liability entirely. At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we know all the tricks the insurance company will try, and we know how to push back.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation For All Of Your Crash-Related Injuries
There are countless injuries that can be sustained as a result of car accidents. Depending on whether it was a rear-end crash, a head-on collision, or a vehicle turnover, the impact of the crash on the body can vary.
Some of the most common injuries from car accidents include:
- Bruising/Contusions: No matter the severity of the accident, bruises are among the most common injuries. They typically do not require medical attention and will heal in days/weeks.
- Whiplash: The force of a crash can violently whip your neck and back, causing muscle and ligament strain.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Accidents can cause herniations or ruptures of the discs in your spine, painfully limiting mobility. These types of back injuries may also cause paralysis.
- Head Injuries: Even minor head injuries require immediate treatment.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Any head injury is serious, but a traumatic brain injury can result in your brain being unable to function and process information. This is often a severe, lifelong, life-altering injury.
- Broken Bones: Depending on the severity and location of the break, recovery may take months of rest and rehabilitation to heal.
- Internal Bleeding: Damage to organs can cause internal bleeding, which requires urgent treatment.
No matter the kind of injury you sustained, you need time to rest and recover from this traumatic experience. Dealing with legal issues is likely not at the forefront of your mind, but you do need resources to cover the financial costs that are piling up as a result of the accident. Let us take that burden off your shoulders so you can focus on recovery.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Newberry, Florida?
While car accidents happen for a host of reasons, the following causes are what we often see in our personal injury practice:
- Distracted driving
- Road conditions
- Driving under the influence
- Erratic and aggressive lane changes
- New drivers
- Maintenance of vehicle
- Mechanical failure
- Weather conditions
Our car accident lawyers know what to look for in reviewing the details of a car accident. Identifying the cause of the accident can help us determine who was to blame.
Representing Clients in All Types of Car Accident Cases
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we’ve handled countless car accident cases of all kinds. We know what to look for based on the type of car accident involved.
We regularly fight for individuals who have suffered injuries in:
- Rear-End Collisions: Vehicle collides with the back of another car
- Head-on Collisions: Vehicle collides head-on with an oncoming car
- Sideswipe Accidents: Vehicle swipes alongside another
- T-Bone Wrecks: Vehicle collides headfirst with the side of another vehicle
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents: More than two vehicles involved in a single accident
- Single Vehicle Accidents: Just because only one driver is involved doesn’t mean that someone outside of the vehicle didn’t play a role in a crash.
No matter what happened in your accident, we’ve likely seen it before. You can trust that Allen Law Firm, P.A., can handle any accident scenario.
What Does Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Mean For Me After A Car Wreck in Newberry?
Florida has what is called a “no-fault” insurance system. This means that regardless of who is at fault in a car accident, you are required to first turn to your own insurance. Florida mandates that minimum coverage includes “personal injury protection” (PIP). No-fault/PIP coverage includes payment for financial losses such as medical bills, but it does not typically include payment for non-economic losses such as those listed in the above section.
If, however, the accident resulted in injuries that pass a certain threshold of severity, then you are not restricted to seeking damages only through PIP. Due to the severity of your injuries, you can file a third-party insurance claim against the other driver and recover for non-economic losses that would otherwise have been unavailable under PIP.
“Serious injuries” can include:
- Significant disfigurement
- Certain bone fractures
- Permanent loss or limitation of a body organ or member
- Significant limitation of a bodily function or system
- Full disability for 90 days
Another exception that allows you to file a lawsuit against the driver is if the injuries do not rise to the “serious” threshold, but nonetheless total more than the required minimum PIP coverage of $10,000. In such a case, you can bring a claim to recover the remainder of your financial losses.
The state of Florida also does not apply the no-fault limitation to vehicle damage. This means you can file a claim for property damage against the driver who caused the accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Car Wreck in Florida?
The state of Florida sets a time limit within which you have to file your lawsuit. This time limit, called the “statute of limitations,” was recently changed for Florida personal injury cases. You will have four years to file your lawsuit if your accident happened on or before 3/23/2023. Otherwise, you’ll have two years. However, there are exceptions in some cases. It also takes time to gather and review evidence, speak to witnesses and experts, and build a strong case.
Note, if you were injured in a car accident in Newberry while performing a work-related duty, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. If that’s the case, you’ll have to comply with a different set of rules. That can mean less time to act. So, it’s important to reach out to a Gainesville car accident lawyer for help immediately after a wreck.
The sooner you call Allen Law Firm, P.A., the sooner we can get started. When you have a strong case, the insurance company is more likely to want to settle rather than face our skilled trial lawyers in court.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Newberry?
When you’re involved in a car accident, it can be difficult to stay calm and focus on what needs to be done.
Here are some steps we recommend you or a loved one should take in the event of an accident:
- Stay safe but remain at or near the crash scene
- Check on the condition of all people involved in the crash
- Call the police
- Exchange information with other drivers
- Get contact information from witnesses
- Inform your insurance company
- Take photos of vehicle damage, the accident scene, and injuries
- Make note of road conditions, weather, and any other external factors that may be relevant
- Seek medical care as soon as possible and document the details
- Carefully consider settlement offers and be hesitant to accept anything without getting an attorney’s opinion
- Hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you
These steps can be of great help if you decide to pursue legal action down the road. Documenting your actions and preserving evidence can make all the difference in whether your case results in the outcome you need.
Contact Our Newberry Car Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
Our Newberry car accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., are tireless in pursuing the best possible outcome for our injured clients. With our vast experience handling personal injury cases, we know the law inside and out, and we’ll use that knowledge to your advantage.
We understand you’ve been through a traumatic event, and that you’re still trying to process what happened. You can count on us to treat you with the dignity, respect, and patience you deserve as you share the details of the accident with us. Our compassionate legal team is here to advocate for you and help you get through this.
Give our law firm a call to arrange a free consultation. We’re confident that once you speak with our car accident lawyers, you’ll feel better about your future, knowing you have a strong and highly-respected law firm at your side. Don’t trust your case to just any firm.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., every client is treated like our only client. Contact our law offices, conveniently located in Ocala and Gainesville, Florida, today to learn more about what we can do for you.