Silver Springs Shores Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injuries happen every day in Florida. If you were injured in Silver Springs Shores, FL, Allen Law Firm, P.A. can help you pursue compensation for your financial losses and pain and suffering.
Our legal team has over 100 years of combined experience helping injured victims with insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits. Our Silver Springs Shores personal injury lawyers know the toll these injuries can have on you and your loved ones.
Contact our law firm at (877) 255-3652 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about our legal services. You can discuss your situation with an experienced attorney and get preliminary advice and guidance on the next steps.
How Allen Law Firm, P.A. Can Help After an Accident in Silver Springs Shores, FL
Since 2007, our experienced lawyers have represented personal injury victims across Florida. Our team has successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars from parties that harmed our clients. This success has earned our lawyers Perfect-10 Avvo Ratings and inclusion on The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 List.
We can alleviate your burden by providing the following after an accident or injury in Silver Springs Shores, Florida:
- A Free Case Evaluation: Our team offers prospective personal injury clients free consultations. We will discuss the specifics of your case, including its strengths and weaknesses. This helps you understand the legal landscape and your chance of success.
- Comprehensive Investigations: We utilize professional tools and methodologies to gather evidence. This includes photographs, accident reports, and medical records that will support our theory of the case. Our diligence ensures that no stone is left unturned.
- Skilled Negotiations: Our team is known for effectively negotiating high-value settlements with insurance carriers. We strategically counter low offers to maximize compensation.
- Medical Referrals and Management: We streamline the medical consultation process and ensure that costs associated with your injuries are documented. This includes current and future expenses.
- Contingency Fee Structures: Personal injuries have financial effects. We make sure clients are not further burdened with upfront legal fees. The contingency fee system means we only get paid when you do.
- Trial Representation: Our lawyers have been named to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 List. We provide representation throughout the litigation process, from filing a lawsuit to navigating discovery and delivering oral arguments at trial.
Throughout the lifecycle of your case, we will work to protect your interests so you can secure compensation for your injuries. Contact our Silver Springs Shores personal injury attorneys for a free initial consultation to learn more.
How Do Personal Injuries Occur in Silver Springs Shores, FL?
Our Silver Springs Shores, FL personal injury lawyers represent clients from all walks of life.
Many suffer injuries from common occurrences, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Traffic crashes happen every day. From car accidents to truck accidents and motorcycle accidents, we know the toll of driving recklessly or under the influence. Injuries can range from minor to severe or even be deadly.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners have to maintain safe premises. Wet floors, loose rugs, and other hazards can cause slip and fall accidents. They often result in soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and even concussions.
- Workplace Accidents: Employers must provide safe workplaces. If you sustain injuries arising out of and during your employment, a workers’ compensation lawyer can help you secure financial recovery.
- Defective Products: Products should be safe for consumers. Injuries from designing, manufacturing, or selling unsafe products can result in product liability claims.
- Medical Malpractice: We expect medical providers to treat us safely. Medical malpractice claims occur when a provider’s avoidable mistake causes a patient harm.
The attorneys at Allen Law Firm, P.A. have represented victims of these and other accidents for decades. Regardless of how you sustained your injuries, we can help. Call today to learn more.
How Much Is My Silver Springs Shores Personal Injury Case Worth?
Florida personal injury law strives to make victims “whole” after an accident through financial compensation. But what is your personal injury case worth? Several factors come into play, including:
The more severe and long-lasting the injury, the higher the potential compensation. This includes whether there are long-term disabilities, scars, or other conditions that affect your quality of life.
Compensation generally covers all past, present, and estimated future medical expenses related to your injury. This includes surgeries, therapies, medication, and assistive devices.
You may have missed work due to your injury. Severe injuries can even cause you to stop working permanently. You may be compensated for lost wages if your ability to work now or in the future is affected.
Victims can be compensated for the mental and emotional distress from an injury. This is subjective and varies significantly from case to case.
Damaged personal property, such as your car, can be compensated at its repair or replacement value.
Case value is case-specific. Our personal injury lawyers in Silver Springs Shores, FL can evaluate your case during a free consultation.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Silver Springs Shores, FL?
Our Silver Springs Shores personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. This means our clients do not pay legal fees upfront. Instead, we get paid a percentage of any settlement or court award we secure on your behalf. This ensures we only get paid when you do.
Contingency fee percentages typically average 33%. Our personal injury lawyers discuss fee arrangements during all consultations.
What If I’m Partially To Blame For My Injuries in Florida?
Under this law, you can only recover compensation for your injuries if you were not more than 50 percent responsible for them. A judge or jury will determine the amount of fault attributed to you in your case. Any compensation you are awarded will be reduced by the percentage of your fault.
For example, if you were found to be 30 percent at fault for the accident and the total damages were $100,000, you would be eligible to recover only 70 percent of the damages, or $70,000. In situations where more than two parties are involved, each party’s fault percentage is determined, and they are responsible for damages accordingly.
Determining who is responsible for injuries can be complex. Our Silver Springs Shores personal injury attorneys can evaluate the evidence in your case to determine how Florida’s modified comparative negligence rule may affect the outcome.
How Do I Establish Negligence in a Silver Springs Shores Personal Injury Claim?
The concept of negligence is the crux of most personal injury cases. You must prove that the other party was negligent to win. This means their actions or inactions caused you harm.
Negligence has four elements that must be proven beyond a preponderance of the evidence:
Duty of Care
You must prove the defendant had a legal duty to act a certain way toward you. This means the defendant was required, either by law or circumstance, to adhere to a standard of conduct. For example, drivers must operate their vehicles reasonably to prevent harm to others.
Breach of Duty
You must prove the defendant breached or violated their duty. This occurs when the defendant does not meet the standard of care. For example, a driver running a red light could be considered to breach their duty.
You must prove the defendant’s breach directly caused your injury. This element has two parts:
- Cause in Fact: You must show your injury would not have occurred “but for” the defendant’s action.
- Proximate Cause: You must show that the defendant’s acts were sufficiently related to you and were foreseeable.
You must show that you suffered actual harm due to the defendant’s breach of duty. This could be physical injury, damage to property, emotional distress, or financial loss. Damages provide a basis for the compensation you seek to recover.
The plaintiff must provide evidence to support each of these elements. If even one element is not proven, the claim can fail.
What Evidence Can Help Me Prove My Case?
To prove negligence legally, you must have evidence to support its four elements: duty, breach, causation, and damages. Your Florida personal injury lawyer can help prove duty with laws and regulations. To establish breach, causation, and damages, you will need other evidence.
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- Photos or videos of your injuries
- Names and contact information for eyewitnesses
- Copies of accident or incident reports made by businesses, police, or other entities
- Medical records showing your injuries
- Medical bills showing the financial cost of treatment
- Proof of lost wages
- Internal documents, emails, or other records showing a history of negligence
- Surveillance footage
Collecting and presenting the proper evidence is crucial for a successful claim. Working with a lawyer who can help gather the necessary evidence is often beneficial. They can also guide you through the litigation process and advocate on your behalf.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
The statute of limitations dictates how long you have to file a lawsuit after suffering a personal injury. In Florida, the timeframe can vary depending on the circumstances of your injury.
For example, if your injury is due to someone else’s negligence, such as in a car accident or slip and fall, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit. This is two years from the date of the injury. Our Silver Springs Shores personal injury lawyers can evaluate the specifics of your case to ensure you meet the applicable statute of limitations.
Contact Our Silver Springs Shores Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Case Assessment
With over 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law, we understand the toll personal injuries can have on you and your family. Allen Law Firm, P.A.’s Silver Springs Shores personal injury lawyers can protect your right to compensation for injuries caused by another’s negligence.