Ocala Falling Merchandise Lawyer
A common cause of injuries in retail locations is products falling on customers. Products stacked on high shelves pose a significant danger to anyone in the store. Falling merchandise can cause catastrophic and life-threatening injuries and conditions.
The Ocala premises liability lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A. understand the devastating injuries and damages falling merchandise causes. Our personal injury law firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for our clients – and we’ll fight to get you the money you deserve.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a premises liability lawyer in Ocala, Florida at (352) 351-3258.
How Our Ocala Premises Liability Attorneys Can Help You After a Falling Merchandise Accident
Our Ocala personal injury lawyers have decades of combined legal experience handling personal injury cases. We have been recognized among the Top 100 Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. Our lawyers have earned membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and have an AV-Preeminent Rating (the highest rating given) from Martindale-Hubbell.
When you hire our award-winning legal team at Allen Law Firm, P.A. to handle your personal injury case, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine how your injury occurred
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your claim
- Verify insurance coverage, file insurance claims, and negotiate settlement agreements
- Work with the top expert witnesses in their fields to build a strong case
- Document your damages to calculate how much your claim is worth
- Aggressively negotiate to receive the full amount of your damages
- File a personal injury lawsuit and advocate for you in court, if necessary
Our lawyers in Ocala, FL accept cases on a contingency fee. That means you do not pay us any attorneys’ fees until we recover money for your injury claim.
Call now for a free consultation with one of our experienced Ocala falling merchandise attorneys.
How Do Falling Merchandise Accidents Happen in Ocala, FL?
Falling merchandise accidents can happen in any retail location, including grocery stores, warehouse stores, department stores, and home improvement stores.
The causes of falling merchandise accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Improperly stacked merchandise on upper-level shelves
- Failing to secure merchandise placed on higher shelves
- Merchandise stacked too high on shelves
- Inadequate warning signs notifying customers of the dangers
- Failing to train and adequately supervise employees regarding the safety and health regulations for storing goods
- Lack of safety protocols regarding merchandise stored or displayed on upper-level shelves
A breach of duty to provide safe premises could cause injury to customers. Falling merchandise accidents can result in premises liability claims.
Proving Liability for Falling Merchandise Accidents
Falling merchandise claims typically fall under the category of premises liability. These claims allege that the property owner failed to maintain safe premises for individuals entering the property. That failure could lead to a financial award for damages if someone is injured.
Proving liability for a falling merchandise accident includes:
- Establishing that the company or property owner owed a duty of care to the injured party
- Proving that a dangerous condition existed on the property
- Presenting evidence that the owner or company knew or should have known about the dangerous condition
- Demonstrating that the company or owner failed to correct the situation
- Providing evidence that the dangerous condition caused the victim’s injuries and damages
Our Ocala falling merchandise accident attorneys will search for evidence of past similar accidents. We’ll also interview eyewitnesses, store employees, and expert witnesses to gather information and evidence. Once we prove the elements of a premises liability claim, we can seek compensation for your damages.
Common Injuries Caused By Falling Merchandise
Falling merchandise can cause traumatic injuries. Even smaller items can cause significant injuries.
Common injuries caused by fallen merchandise include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Injury to internal organs
- Spinal cord injuries
The size and weight of the merchandise can directly impact the severity of the victim’s injuries. However, smaller items falling from high shelves can also be incredibly dangerous. A customer could suffer injuries that create permanent impairments and disabilities.
What Compensation Can You Receive in an Ocala Falling Merchandise Accident Claim?
A falling merchandise accident claim can include compensation for the victim’s monetary losses. Economic damages include:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of wages, benefits, and other income
- Medical bills and expenses
- Assistance with household tasks and personal care
- Decreases in earning capacity and future lost wages
In addition to financial losses, victims may experience crippling pain and suffering from falling merchandise. They are entitled to compensation for their non-economic damages, including decreased quality of life, disfigurement, and emotional distress.
What Should You Do If You Are Injured By Falling Merchandise in an Ocala Store?
If merchandise falls on you, the steps you take after the injury can impact the outcome of a personal injury case.
Steps you can take to protect your legal rights include:
- Report the injury to the store or property owner immediately.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries. Delays in medical treatment can hurt your case.
- Document the accident scene by taking photographs and videos before leaving the store, if possible.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
- Protect physical evidence, including the clothing and shoes you were wearing.
- Tell your medical providers you were injured by falling merchandise.
- Keep copies of all medical records and other evidence related to your injury.
It is also helpful to seek legal advice from an experienced Ocala falling merchandise accident lawyer. The store, property owner, and insurance company want to protect themselves from liability. Therefore, you need an injury lawyer to fight for your right to fair and just compensation after being injured by falling merchandise.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Ocala Falling Merchandise Lawyers
Florida’s statute of limitations sets deadlines for filing premises liability claims for injuries caused by falling merchandise. Don’t lose your chance to hold a store or other party liable for your injuries, financial losses, and other damages. Call now for a free case evaluation with an experienced Ocala personal injury lawyer.