Gainesville Lyft Accident Lawyer
When you are involved in an accident with a Lyft driver in Gainesville, FL, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. You may wish to pursue compensation for your injuries from the at-fault parties. If so, have faith that the experienced Gainesville Lyft accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., can help you.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we focus on how our clients are going to feel about us at the end of their case. From the beginning of every case, we dedicate our best efforts to the outcome.
Allen Law Firm, P.A., attorneys are friendly and we care about your case. We are ready to help you and we are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Contact our office today or call (877) 255-3652 to discuss your case for free.
Table of Contents
How Our Gainesville Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You if You’ve Been Hurt in a Lyft Accident
It matters who you hire to represent you in your Lyft accident case. Cases involving a crash with a Lyft driver can be different from other kinds of car accidents. Importantly, Lyft cases will likely involve multiple auto insurance companies. Uber and Lyft drivers use personal vehicles. Their liability insurance must meet the state minimum coverage requirements.
Florida law requires only $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and does not require bodily injury liability coverage.
A Lyft driver’s personal insurance may not cover accidents that occur as a result of commercial activity. On the other hand, rideshare companies like Lyft also have insurance, but it will only cover claims once a driver’s personal insurance does not apply. Even then, Lyft’s insurance coverage varies by situation.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., our Gainesville personal injury attorneys are uniquely skilled to navigate the maze of insurance coverage based on whether the Lyft app is on and the driver’s status at the time of the collision.
Allen Law Firm, P.A., attorneys collectively have hundreds of years of insurance experience. But there are many more reasons to hire Allen Law Firm, P.A.:
- Reassurance that you have an experienced team on your side;
- Consultation when you have a question or concern;
- Representation across the state of Florida;
- Communication in a variety of methods (call, email, text, video, in-person);
- Regular updates about your case;
- Completion of paperwork entirely electronically, if you choose.
We like our clients and we look forward to speaking to them as their case progresses.
We have highly skilled former claims managers, insurance adjusters, and insurance defense attorneys in our office. Our attorneys have been on the other side. We know how insurance companies work.
What You Can Expect When You Contact Us
When a prospective client contacts Allen Law Firm, P.A., after a crash with a Lyft driver, here’s what they can expect:
- A free consultation scheduled however you prefer (in person, phone, video);
- An experienced attorney offering devoting their full attention to your story;
- A full and complete investigation of the circumstances involved in your accident;
- Thoughtful evaluation of evidence that’s relevant to your case;
- Involvement of experts for consultation when needed at any stage of the claims process.
All law firms are not equal. We offer a full-service experience from beginning to end. Allen Law Firm, P.A., knows the factors that influence accident liability and how to use them to benefit our clients.
Can You Claim Insurance Compensation After an Accident with a Lyft Driver?
Lyft provides third-party liability insurance for covered accidents if a driver’s personal insurance does not apply. If a driver was not logged in to the Lyft app at the time of the accident, the driver’s personal insurance probably will apply.
If the Lyft driver was logged in to the Lyft app at the time of the collision and waiting on a ride request, Lyft’s policy provides the following benefits for covered accidents:
- $50,000/person for bodily injury
- $100,000/accident for bodily injury
- $25,000/accident for property damage
The Gainesville Lyft accident attorneys at Allen Law Firm, P.A., can determine whether the rideshare driver was logged in and which coverage applies. Then, we can help you get the compensation you need for your injuries.
While a Lyft driver is picking up passengers and during rides, Lyft’s policy provides the following benefits for covered accidents:
- $1,000,000 for 3rd-party auto liability;
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party coverage;
- Contingent comprehensive & collision up to the actual cash value of the car.
Lyft’s insurance coverage is secondary in most cases. This means that it only goes into effect after the Lyft driver’s personal insurance refuses to pay a claim. It also means that you may have to make multiple claims with multiple insurance companies.
Our Attorneys Represent All Injured Lyft Accident Victims in Gainesville
Car accident injuries can be anywhere from mildly uncomfortable to severely debilitating. Any type of injury can happen no matter the circumstances of the accident. Some common types of injuries from car accidents with Lyft drivers include:
- Cuts, bruises, burns, and abrasions
- Broken or fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries and internal bleeding
- Back and neck injuries
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Allen Law Firm, P.A., has experience helping clients with all these types of car accident injuries. We can also help you determine the value of your personal injury claims and identify all of your damages from the Lyft accident. Car accidents and insurance claims are our expertise.
What Are Some Causes of Lyft Accidents?
To drive for Lyft in Gainesville, there’s no minimum driving experience or commercial driver’s license required. Lyft drivers get no special instruction or training. This means your driver does not have to be a particularly good or experienced driver at all.
Although Lyft continuously monitors the DMV records of their drivers, Lyft drivers can even have up to one minor moving violation per year on their driving record.
There are countless potential causes of car accidents. Accidents with a Lyft driver could be caused by:
- Distracted driving while looking at GPS or scanning for a passenger to pick up;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Speeding or driving aggressively to meet an estimated pickup or dropoff time;
- Vehicle equipment malfunction or unsafely maintained vehicle.
Medical Treatment and Damages for Lyft Accidents in Florida
“Damages” is the legal term for the losses a person suffers because of an accident. Allen Law Firm, P.A., can help you identify and evaluate each of the seven kinds of damages recognized in Florida:
- Medical care
- Emotional distress/pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of companionship
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages.
Each category of damages is separate and distinct. Allen Law Firm, P.A., can walk you through each of the losses that you sustained in your Lyft accident. We will aggressively seek compensation to make you whole.
Call Our Gainesville Lyft Accident Lawyers to Discuss Your Case Today
Your choice of a personal injury attorney in Gainesville, Florida may very well change your life. Beyond avoiding these common mistakes in choosing an accident attorney, you need to be confident in your attorney’s abilities and experience. Allen Law Firm, P.A., knows that insurance companies deny personal injury claims even when the insurance company owes compensation.
We can help you from your first consultation and throughout the claims process. If a settlement is in your best interest, once the settlement is finalized, we will get to work resolving any outstanding medical bills or liens.
Most cases settle before trial. However, Allen Law Firm, P.A., is prepared to file a claim before the statute of limitations expires on your case. In most situations, this is just a short four-year window.
If you’ve been in a rideshare accident with a Lyft or Uber driver, you need Allen Law Firm, P.A. Contact our Gainesville Lyft accident lawyers today.
Our personal injury law firm in Gainesville, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Gainesville, FL
- Brain Injury Attorneys in Gainesville, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Gainesville, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Gainesville, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Gainesville, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Gainesville, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Gainesville, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Gainesville, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Gainesville, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Gainesville, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Gainesville, FL