Starke Car Accident Lawyer
Have you sustained injuries from a car accident in Starke, Florida? You may be entitled to receive a financial award to cover your losses and aid in your recovery. At Allen Law Firm, P.A., our Starke car accident lawyers are tireless in their pursuit of justice for our injured clients.
Contact our North Central Florida law office today to share your story with us and find out how we can make a difference in helping you get the best outcome possible.
We work hard to get you the relief you deserve after what you have been through as a result of the accident. Your first consultation is free – so call now.
How Allen Law Firm, P.A., Can Help After a Crash in Starke, FL
The Starke personal injury lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., have over 70 years of combined legal experience that we’ll put to work for you.
We also have a team of former insurance adjusters who know the inner workings of the insurance industry and are well-prepared to counter the tricks of the trade on your behalf.
Together, they spent more than 130 years handling insurance claims on behalf of providers.
We have a well-deserved reputation for providing excellent legal services and winning for our injured clients. We are disciplined, aggressive, and relentless in doing everything we can to get you the resources you need.
Here are just a few things you can expect from us as part of our commitment to exceptional client service:
- Meet with you to understand your situation and hear about the accident from your perspective.
- Investigate the details and make sure we know everything we need to be able to build a strong personal injury case.
- Consult with accident reconstructionists and other experts regarding the accident and your injuries
- Keep you well-informed and involve you in every major decision as your case progresses.
- Offer sound legal strategy and advice at every stage.
- Handle negotiations with the insurance company so they can’t try to take advantage of your situation by making you an unacceptable offer.
- Represent you in the courtroom if the insurance company doesn’t come through with an offer worth your time.
Give us a call at our Starke, FL, law office to speak with a member of our accomplished and understanding legal team. Find out firsthand why our law firm is the go-to personal injury firm in Starke. Your first confidential consultation is free.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Starke and Bradford County, Florida?
Florida is unfortunately well-known for its rate of traffic accidents, which is among the highest in the country. In 2020 alone, despite the pandemic, there was enough traffic on Florida roads to result in 330,753 motor vehicle accidents.
Data for Bradford County, which includes Starke, shows the following:
- Total Bradford County crashes: 328
- Fatalities from crashes: 12
- Injuries from crashes: 192
The number of crashes in Bradford County in previous years:
- 2019 – 412
- 2018 – 449
- 2017 – 381
- 2016 – 362
- 2015 – 348
- 2014 – 274
- 2013 – 220
- 2012 – 78
- 2011 – 202
- 2010 – 328
Auto accidents can turn your life upside down. Avoiding them while driving in the state of Florida is challenging and requires an extra measure of care.
Where Do Most Car Accidents Happen in Starke, FL?
Knowing where car accidents happen in Starke can be helpful in understanding the factors and conditions that can make stretches of roads ripe for accidents. It can also help you stay vigilant when driving on these particular roads.
Starke roads where car accidents have happened in recent years include:
- Colley Rd
- SR100, Lakewood Dr
- US-301, Weldon St
- US-301, Edwards Rd
- Weldon St, Orange St
There are a host of reasons that accidents might happen more often on certain roads than others. These reasons include road design and layout, traffic volume, speed limits, speeding, and more.
What Is My Starke, Florida Car Accident Case Worth?
No two cases are alike, and guessing at the value of a case can become fairly involved.
There are numerous factors to consider, such as:
- Injuries can have a significant impact on a financial award if they require extensive care that runs up medical bills.
- If the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or illegal substance you may be able to argue for punitive damages.
- If any part of the car malfunctioned, including seat belts, airbags, and brakes.
- Whether you contributed to your injury by not wearing a seatbelt, which is required by Florida law.
- How much vehicle damage was involved.
- How much income you lost due to time off work.
Placing a value on your case can be difficult without close examination of the accident elements and your injuries. Having an established, competent law firm like Allen Law Firm, P.A., can be a gamechanger. We leave nothing on the table and aggressively go after all resources that may be available to you.
What Kind of Damages Are Available To Car Accident Victims in Florida?
The damages available to car accident victims fall into two categories: economic and non-economic. Economic damages cover the actual costs of your injury, and non-economic damages are associated with more intimate and intangible losses.
Examples of economic damages could include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of property
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Cosmetic surgery
- Physical therapy
- In-home medical care
- Disability equipment such as prosthetics and wheelchairs
Economic damages are often easier to calculate because there are bills and receipts.
Non-economic damages are more subjective and generally don’t have a financial paper trail that makes losses easier to calculate.
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Disability and disfigurement
Our Starke car accident lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., will do everything possible to ensure you’re compensated for all you’ve lost as a result of the accident.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident in Florida?
The state of Florida is a pure comparative fault state. This means your compensation is reduced by your percentage of fault for the accident.
In other words, if you were 30% responsible for the accident, your claim will be reduced by 30% and you will only walk away with 70% of what your damages are worth.
Insurance companies know that blaming you for as much of the accident as possible means they won’t have to pay you as much. This is where it helps to have a well-established, experienced law firm on your side. We go toe to toe with insurance companies every day, and we don’t let them take advantage of our clients.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All Of Your Crash-Related Injuries
A car accident can result in untold physical trauma, but there are certain kinds of injuries we tend to see more often in our practice.
These injuries include:
- Scrapes and Cuts: It’s common to be hit by shrapnel such as glass, metal, and other projectiles. While these may not be initially serious, they do pose a risk for infections.
- Head Injuries: All head injuries are serious and should be checked immediately. Traumatic brain injuries in particular can result in lifelong damage and altered brain function.
- Broken Ribs: Ribs are often easily broken because they are relatively delicate bones. Not only do they cause excruciating pain, they require a lengthy recovery period.
- Other Broken Bones: Because of the force that a car accident can put on the body, bones can take quite a hit. Broken legs, collar bones, arms, and hips are common injuries following a car accident.
- Internal Bleeding: If untreated for too long, internal bleeding can be fatal. It means you likely have organ damage and the severity is difficult to determine without medical treatment. No matter how minor a car accident may seem, it’s always smart to seek medical care as soon as possible.
- Herniated Disc: When the vertebrae in your spinal cord dislocate or rupture, it causes what is called a herniated disc. These are painful and can cause further complications.
- Knee Trauma: Forceful impact between vehicles can result in your knees hitting the dashboard or seat in front of you. Knee injuries are considered to be among the most painful and often require surgery. You may also find yourself using crutches or knee braces for significant periods of time.
And, unfortunately, there is always the risk of wrongful death. If your loved one was killed in a car accident in Starke, Florida, Allen Law Firm, P.A., can help you through this catastrophic loss. Call us to discuss your case at absolutely no charge.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Starke, Florida?
Car accidents can happen for a multitude of reasons, but some are more common than others.
Some of the causes we often see include:
- Distracted driving
- Construction and detours
- Drunk driving
- Passing recklessly
- New or inexperienced drivers
- Weather conditions
- Mechanical failures
Our Starke car accident attorneys know what to look for and how to identify the cause of an accident. This can make all the difference in determining how to apportion the responsibility for the accident.
Representing Clients in All Types of Car Accident Cases
Our personal injury lawyers at Allen Law Firm, P.A., have handled car crashes involving numerous types of collisions.
Some of the common collisions we see include:
- Motorcycle accidents
- T-Bone crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Multi-vehicle pileups
- Hit and run accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
We’ve also dealt with cases where the car accident involves uninsured or underinsured drivers. Trust our Starke car accident lawyers to manage any accident scenario.
What Does Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Mean for Me After a Car Wreck in Starke, FL?
Under Florida’s no-fault insurance system, drivers must carry insurance coverage that includes personal injury protection (PIP).
In the event of a car accident, drivers are required to seek damages through their own insurance company via PIP.
This personal injury protection covers economic damages such as medical bills and lost wages, but it doesn’t take care of non-economic losses like pain and suffering or emotional distress.
If, however, you suffered injuries that meet a certain threshold, you’re free to seek damages from the other driver.
These serious injuries are characterized by:
- Significant disfigurement
- Loss or limitation of a body organ or member
- A significant limitation of a bodily function or system
- Full disability for 90 days or more
There are two other exceptions to the PIP requirement. If your expenses exceed $10,000 or if you want to recover for property damage to your car. In these situations, you may seek damages through an injury claim against the other driver.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Car Wreck in Florida?
The law limits the time you have in which to file a lawsuit through what is called the “statute of limitations.”
In Florida, that limit is four years from your accident date. While it may be tempting to wait before starting the legal process, building a solid and strong case can take time.
Gathering evidence, examining the accident site and reconstruction, speaking to witnesses, negotiating with the insurance company, evaluating your injuries and damages, and pulling everything together requires a great deal of effort and time.
Don’t lose your advantage by waiting too long. Insurance companies are often more willing to make a strong offer if they know you have a robust case and are ready to go to court.
Additionally, if you were on the job when you got into the accident, it may trigger workers’ compensation. Workers’ compensation is an insurance system to which many employers subscribe. If it applies in your situation, then different rules and deadlines are likely to come into play. Allen Law Firm, P.A., can represent you with workers’ compensation matters as well.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Starke, FL?
It’s important to do your best to maintain a level head and take the proper steps following a car accident. It will help in terms of your safety, as well as if you decide in the future to pursue legal action.
We recommend you take the following steps and precautions after a car accident in Starke, Florida:
- Stay nearby after the accident, but be sure to be in a safe place
- Help others involved in the crash if you can do so safely
- Call the police
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other drivers
- Ask witnesses to provide their names and numbers
- Contact your insurance provider
- Note down any details of the accident: weather, vehicles, damage, injuries, etc…
- Seek medical attention and record treatment
- Hire a personal injury lawyer
Don’t speak to anyone regarding your role in the accident or your responsibility for causing it. It’s important to consult with an attorney before saying anything that could put you at a legal disadvantage later. Call us at Allen Law Firm, P.A., as soon after the accident as possible. We will advise you on the next steps.
Contact Our Starke Car Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we understand you’re going through a difficult time that’s taking a toll on your life in numerous ways. We’ve worked tirelessly for countless injured clients just like you to get them the help they need to recover. We can do the same for you.
Let us take care of the legal matters so you can focus on your health and getting back to a normal life. To do that, you need resources to cover your losses. We will be relentless in fighting for you. What happened to you is something no one should have to deal with alone.
Our legal team at Allen Law Firm, P.A., prides itself on representing our clients with honesty and integrity. It matters to us that you feel valued and treated with dignity as your case proceeds. You can count on us to do everything we can to keep you informed and answer any questions or concerns you have. We work for you.
Call our law office to arrange a free consultation. We’ll go over your case and work together to develop a winning strategy that will help you get your life back on track.