Target Store Accidents in Gainesville, FL
Were you injured in a Target store accident in Gainesville, Florida? Whether you slipped and fell due to a hazard on the premises or were struck by falling merchandise, Allen Law Firm, P.A. is here to assist.
Our Gainesville slip and fall accident lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience helping personal injury victims secure fair financial recoveries. Since we opened our doors in 2007, we’ve won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients throughout North Central Florida.
To discuss your accident at Target and the compensation you can seek for your injuries, contact us online or call our law firm at (877) 255-3652. We provide a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no upfront costs to receive legal advice or retain our services.
How Can a Gainesville Personal Injury Lawyer Help After a Target Store Accident?
Target is a large retail chain with over 1,900 stores in the United States. Accordingly, it can be daunting to face their corporate attorneys and insurance providers in a legal battle. You’ll level the playing field and have the best chance at a successful outcome by hiring an experienced Gainesville personal injury attorney.
If you hire Allen Law Firm, P.A. for help with your Target accident claim, you can expect our attorneys to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident, including how it happened and whether it could have been avoided
- Gather evidence – such as the store’s surveillance footage, your medical records, and eyewitness testimony – to prove your case
- Identify the losses you’ve incurred and calculate how much your personal injury case is worth
- Negotiate with Target’s legal team and protect your right to fair compensation
- Litigate your accident case in court if we cannot reach a fair settlement agreement
With our accident attorneys in Gainesville, FL by your side, you’ll benefit from our experience, skills, and resources. We know how to deal with insurance companies and large corporations and protect our clients. Call today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about our legal services.
What Causes Target Accidents in Gainesville, FL?
Any potentially dangerous hazard or condition can cause someone an injury at Target, including:
- Slippery floors from spills, leaks, and rain
- Defective and broken sidewalks, walkways, and parking lots
- Clutter and merchandise obstructing the aisles
- Loose carpeting or damaged flooring
- Broken steps and lack of handrails on stairways
- Inadequate lighting in parking lots or garages
Any of these unsafe property conditions can lead to severe injuries, including broken bones, back injuries, brain injuries, and soft tissue damage. We’ll help you seek compensation for your physical harm and any other losses.
I Was Injured in an Accident At a Target Store in Florida. How Do I Prove My Case?
Your Target accident case will likely be based on premises liability principles. Florida law requires property owners to take reasonable steps to keep visitors and guests safe from foreseeable harm, like slips, trips, and falls.
As a customer at Target, you’re likely categorized as an invitee, meaning you are owed a heightened duty of care compared to licensees and trespassers. A store owner typically has a duty to regularly inspect the premises, repair known hazards, and warn customers of potential dangers.
To recover compensation, you’ll need to prove that the property owner’s negligence caused your accident, meaning you must demonstrate the following elements:
- Target owed you a duty of care. For example, if you were a paying customer (invitee) or entered the store to use the restroom (licensee), you were owed a certain duty of care.
- Target breached the duty of care by failing to keep the premises safe. For example, if a spill created slippery floors that weren’t promptly cleaned (or the store failed to place a wet floor sign warning of the danger), the property owner likely breached their duty.
- Target’s breach of duty is the direct cause of your accident and injuries.
- You sustained damages due to the accident.
Our Gainesville premises liability lawyers will collect the evidence needed to prove the elements of your Target negligence claim. For example, we can request camera footage from the store showing how your accident occurred and how long the hazardous condition was present.
What Compensation Can I Pursue After an Accident At Target in Gainesville, Florida?
People who sustain injuries in Gainesville Target accidents can seek compensation for their financial expenses (economic damages) and personal, subjective losses (non-economic damages).
A slip and fall or other accident at Target may result in the following damages:
- Medical bills for your ambulance ride, medical treatment, surgery, and other healthcare needs
- Future medical expenses, including physical therapy, ongoing care, and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and job benefits if you missed time from work
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including childcare and travel
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Psychological and emotional distress, including PTSD and anxiety
Our Gainesville premises liability attorneys will identify and evaluate the losses you’ve sustained and fight for every dollar you deserve.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Target Store Accident in Florida?
Florida victims must file most personal injury and premises liability claims within four years of the accident. If you miss the statute of limitations, you’ll be unable to hold Target accountable for your injuries. Call our personal injury lawyers in Gainesville to preserve your legal rights.
Contact Our Gainesville Personal Injury Attorneys for Assistance After a Target Store Accident
If you slipped and fell at Target or suffered injuries in another type of accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Our Gainesville slip and fall accident attorneys at Allen Law Firm, P.A. will handle all steps in the process while you focus on your physical and mental recovery.
Contact our personal injury law firm for a free case evaluation to learn more and get the legal representation you deserve.