You may be entitled to a sizable financial award if you or a loved one have recently been involved in a truck accident in Ocala, FL. Allen Law Firm, P.A. will fight to recover maximum compensation from an at-fault truck driver, trucking companies, vehicle manufacturers, and anyone responsible for your tremendous suffering. Contact our Ocala truck accident lawyers to arrange a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options today.
How Our Ocala Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Truck Accident
When you find yourself struggling with the aftermath of an Ocala truck accident, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Allen Law Firm, P.A. is here to help you navigate this difficult time in any way that we can.
Most importantly, our personal injury lawyers in Ocala can take the lead on your injury claim and work to secure a sizable and life-changing financial award while you focus on getting better.
Since 2007, our personal injury law firm has been helping truck accident victims just like you. Thanks to our relentless pursuit of financial justice, we’ve been able to recover hundreds of millions in settlements and verdicts of our clients. When you call us for help, we’ll fight to do the same for you. Among other things, we will:
- Launch an in-depth investigation into the circumstances surrounding your truck accident in Ocala
- Gather and analyze relevant evidence, which might include witness testimony, trucking logs, communications between the truck driver and their employer shortly before the collision, and accident reports
- Consult with leading accident and injury experts, including medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, forensic experts, scientists and physicists, and appraisers
- Handle all aspects of your claim from start to finish, including taking the lead on all negotiations with insurers and other parties
- Prepare to discredit any claims that you are responsible for or share blame for your trucking accident
While our goal will be to negotiate a settlement with terms that are favorable to you, there’s a chance that insurance adjusters simply won’t cooperate. If this happens, don’t worry. Our skilled and award-winning trial attorneys will be more than ready to take your case to a jury. We’re known for our ability to win in the courtroom – that can work wonders for you during preliminary settlement negotiations.
Call our Ocala law office today to learn more. There’s absolutely no charge for your first case evaluation.
Florida Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accidents can, and do, happen with great frequency in and around Ocala, Florida. Thousands of people are injured in car accidents involving large trucks in Florida every year. Sadly, many of these truck crashes are also deadly. In 2018, there were a total of 325 fatal auto accidents involving large trucks in the state of Florida.
That’s almost one fatal truck accident every single day. Complicating matters is the fact that, despite efforts to make roads and highways in the state of Florida safer, fatal truck accidents have happened with greater frequency in recent years.
Back in 2010, there were a total of 179 deadly truck collisions, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). That means that the number of fatal accidents involving large trucks increased by more than 80 percent in just eight short years.
Causes of Trucking Accidents in Ocala, FL
Why are trucking accidents so common in Ocala and Marion County? At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we’ve handled our fair share of truck accident injury claims. We can attest to the fact that truck accidents are rarely black and white or cut and dry. Rather, these types of catastrophic collisions tend to be the consequence of a lot of different factors coming together at once. Some of these contributing factors include:
- Inexperienced and/or improperly trained truck drivers
- Truck drivers distracted by cell phones and electronic devices
- Drivers logging too many hours behind the wheel at once, in violation of federal trucking regulations
- Inadequate maintenance of a large truck
- Defective components of a large truck or equipment, including faulty brakes or tires
- Traveling at speeds that exceed posted speed limits
- Speeding in inclement weather
- Failing to accurately judge stopping distance
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Drunk or drugged driving
Note, not all trucking accidents are the fault of truck drivers or trucking companies. In many cases, other parties involved in collisions contribute to or cause these serious accidents. Other motorists, often unhappy about sharing the road with a tractor-trailer, engage in aggressive maneuvers and create situations that simply increase the chances of a wreck.
It’s important to know why an accident happened. That information is fundamental in getting to the bottom of what’s really important to you – who’s financially responsible for your costs, injuries, and suffering.
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., our Ocala truck accident attorneys will leave no stone unturned as we investigate the details of your crash. We’ll dig deep and work hard until we’ve determined exactly what caused your collision in the first place. With that information in hand, we can then set our sights on holding all at-fault parties accountable.
Liability For Trucking Accidents in Ocala, Florida
Any or all of the following parties could potentially be named as defendants in a civil personal injury lawsuit after a truck accident in Ocala:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Vehicle and equipment manufacturers
- Mechanics and repair shops
- Other motorists, including motorcyclists and scooter operators
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Bus drivers
- Transit companies (both private and government-run)
- Government agencies, particularly those responsible for road design and maintenance
Keep in mind that Florida has no-fault insurance rules. This means that, following a motor vehicle accident in Ocala, you’ll have to turn to your own insurance provider for compensation. At least, at first. Given the severity of trucking accident injuries, however, there’s a good chance that your costs will exceed your own coverage limits. If that happens, you can begin to pursue additional compensation from at-fault parties.
What if I’m Blamed For a Truck Accident in Ocala?
Don’t panic. Florida operates under a pure comparative fault system. Simply put, you’re entitled to compensation as long as someone else caused the accident, too. However, your damages will be reduced to the degree to which you are at fault. If your share of the blame is 10 percent, your damages will be adjusted downward to reflect that.
Insurance companies love to use this rule to wriggle out of paying injury victims the money they rightfully deserve. Don’t let an adjuster point fingers and cast blame when it’s undeserved. Call Allen Law Firm, P.A., and let us stand up for you. We’ll work to discredit the allegations or minimize your role. The less fault attributed to you, the more money you can potentially get.
How Much is My Ocala Truck Accident Case Worth?
It depends. Every case is different. The valuation of your truck accident claim will hinge on a number of different factors, such as:
- The extent and severity of your injuries
- Whether your ability to work is temporarily or permanently impaired
- The degree to which you experience chronic pain
- How the accident and your injuries affect you emotionally
Generally speaking, however, truck accident victims are able to pursue both economic and non-economic damages after a crash. Commonly awarded damages include money for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and anguish
- Disfigurement, scarring, and/or loss of limbs
- Lost income and wages
- Loss of consortium and/or enjoyment of life
- Funeral and burial expenses, if an accident is fatal
Don’t leave money on the table. Call Allen Law Firm, P.A., and get our experienced Ocala truck accident lawyers in your corner. We’ll fight to make sure that your claim is valued properly and that you’re awarded a full and fair financial award. You have a limited time to act – typically four years from the date of your crash – so call us today.
Representing All Truck Accident Victims in Ocala
At Allen Law Firm, P.A., we proudly fight on behalf of all trucking accident victims in Marion County and surrounding areas. Do not hesitate to call us for help if, because you were involved in a truck crash, you’ve suffered a:
- Burn injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Chest injury
- Fracture or broken bone injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic amputation
- Neck, back, or shoulder injury
- Eye injury
- Crushing injury
We’re also here to help family members who have tragically lost a loved one in a fatal Ocala truck accident. Contact our law office to discuss whether or not you have the right to pursue damages through a wrongful death action today.
Ocala Truck Accident Lawyers You Can Count On
Any motor vehicle accident can turn your world upside-down. Those involving big rigs, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, or commercial trucks tend to be particularly devastating. Many times, these accidents are entirely avoidable. However, they happen because truck drivers aren’t properly trained or they’re simply in too much of a rush to get to their destination. Unfortunately, it’s others on the road who tend to suffer the consequences.
If you’ve been injured or lost a family member in a truck accident in Ocala, call Allen Law Firm, P.A. Our Ocala truck accident attorneys are ready to help you recover compensation from those responsible. We offer a free initial consultation, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us to arrange your today.